Library Tech Pages
Wireless Printing in the Library
Wireless printing is back on campus.
- Don't wait until you have to print something. Setting up wireless printing takes a few minutes and you need to very carefully follow the instructions on the academic computing web page.
- In the library only PRINTER 1 is set up for wireless. On the list of wireless printers it is called " Library near Reference Desk (HP LJ9050) http://print.newpaltz.edu:631/printers/LIBRARY-LJ1-9050 "
Here are links to the Academic computing instructions
After you have wireless printing set up
- You can login to PaperCut any time by right clicking the PaperCut icon by the clock and choosing "Login as"
- NOTE: If your laptop goes to sleep you may need to log in to PaperCut again.
- Print jobs do not print out until you go to the PaperCut print release web page and tell them to print. See Below
Login looks like this:
Releasing your print jobs with the PaperCut web page
After printing, your jobs will not come out until you release them with these steps:
- Double click the PaperCut icon by the clock
- Click the Details link in the Print Balance Window
- Sign on to the PaperCut web page with your normal SUNY New Paltz user ID and password
- Click on the Jobs Pending release link on the left, then select and release your print jobs to the printer
Then keep the PaperCut web page open all the time to release more print jobs.